- Wear your retainer at all times, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainer out when eating, and always put it back in its case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean the retainer thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors. Efferdent® or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing.
- When your retainer is not in your mouth, it should ALWAYS be in its case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to it faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat yours with care. If your retainer gets lost or broken, call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainer, or you believe it needs adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust it yourself.
- Always bring your retainer to your appointments.
- Retainer replacements are expensive, but with proper care they will last for years!
- Remove your retainer when you go swimming.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins.
"I highly recommend this office to anyone who is searching for orthodontic treatment. They treat all ages, I couldn't see myself or my family going anywhere else." — Andrea C.
"Dr. Kawata has been a part of my family for two generations! I was blessed to be his patient as a teenager and now my children are blessed to be his patients. I know that we are getting the best care available." — S.E.
"My experiences with Dr. Kawata’s office have been overwhelmingly positive. From the friendly and helpful staff to the wonderful orthodontic care." — Diana R.
"Dr. Kawata’s practice makes you truly feel like part of a family!"
— Angie A.
"My experience has been great! Everyone in the office is very nice, kind, and caring." — Maria O.
"I had a really great experience here over the past few years. Everyone in the office is so welcoming and friendly. I wouldn’t have wanted to get my braces anywhere else." — Cassie F.
"All four of our kids have had their orthodontic work through Dr. Kawata. In all the years we’ve been coming, his office has consistently been a pleasure to come to and I am happy to recommend his services to all my friends." — Cindy B.